MISSION-R: RIoT’s Moonshot Response to COVID-19
RIoT launched MISSION-R in April 2020 to support innovation for public and economic health in the aftermath of COVID-19. Read more about MISSION-R stories and takeaways here.
What is MISSION-R?
MISSION-R was RIoT’s moonshot initiative to support innovation in public and economic health in the aftermath of COVID-19. (MISSION-R stands for “Making Innovation and Startups Succeed In Our New Reality”.)
Entrepreneurial teams were selected to build solutions that:
- Support population health initiatives
- Sustain startups and small businesses during economic recession
- Boost the economy in times of crisis
- Address the post-pandemic reality
- Invent ways to solve global and community challenges (policy, communications, healthcare…)
MISSION-R Launch Sequence
5 – MISSION ASSIGNED: COMPLETE
MISSION-R launched. RIoT began gathering project ideas from the community.
4 – COURSE SET: COMPLETE
RIoT reviewed project ideas submitted to MISSION-R Portal.
3 – MISSION CONTROL: COMPLETE
Seven MISSION-R project teams announced. Projects sprints began.
2 – BOOSTER ENGINES ON: COMPLETE
RIoT shared MISSION-R progress with their ecosystem.
1 – BLAST OFF: ACTIVE
Two MISSION-R teams joined the RIoT Accelerator Program Summer Cohort.