Thanks to everyone who completed our post-event survey. Today we’d like to share this data directly with the RIoT community. There are some really great points and very helpful constructive feedback. Here’s a quick summary:
What Went Well at RIoT V?
- Started on time
- Verizon’s past, present, and future of IoT
- Location (but also a request for another Durham event)
- Networking & community
- The NC State beer!
What Should NC RIoT Do Differently Next Time?
- Deeper dives into technology
- Showcase more companies and what they’re doing in IoT
- Shorter presentations
- More Twitter activity – take questions via Twitter, post a hashtag more prominently
- More seating for large events
- Require speakers to make the presentations more engaging (no corporate PPTs)
- More focus on industrial/enterprise IoT
- Ground workshop discussions in data and less on opinion
If One Key Lesson Learned Stuck With You, What Was It?
- Strong IoT resources here locally, but need a directory to know who everyone is
- Need for funding & investment, coordination, and execution for NC and RTP to stand out globally
- IoT will be a collaborative effort
- Monetization not “figured out” across the entire ecosystem
- IoT opportunity locally in NC is large and here to stay
What Should Our Survey Have Asked But Didn’t?
- What areas need to be addressed?
- How did you hear about NC RIoT?
- How do we get everyone involved?
- How many RIoTs have you attended?
- Was RIoT worth attending / Would you attend again?
We’ve got more news to share shortly around the building of an IoT Directory. Stay tuned.